I think, deep down I am more than certain that LL laoshi knew I feigned illness that day to avoid attending the book launch and seeing some people. He always knows about it. But he always keeps quiet, even though once in a while he tries to tell me in an indirect way that I must learn to let go. He even hinted to me that other people would be attending the event to prepare me mentally. But eventually I was unable to come to terms with myself so I didn't turn up after all. He just knew. I always thought he would probably be a little mad at me for being so unprofessional. But yesterday when he passed by the couplets booth, the first thing he asked me was whether I would like to join his family for steamboat tonight. I was really, really touched by his generosity. I gladly obliged. Of course I had to. I could tell that he probably thinks I have changed, or have revealed that overly-emotional side of me, but he has never given up on me. And this, is why I always respect him. After dinner little Ella and I held hands and walked to the MRT station. It was quite a long journey home. We chatted and laughed. It was a silly conversation but so innocent. I actually felt a lot better after spending some time with her.

I think a genuine break is when you are able to feel at ease, wherever you are. She made me feel at ease today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

end of week

my mixed feelings

carpe diem